Thursday, July 22, 2010

Unlikely Places


Sometimes when you are least expecting it life surprises you with, well, just something different, a bout of joy in the midst of sadness. A night of unexpectedness . This picture was from about a week ago. I was sitting under this tree talking with a good friend about a tough situation. I wrote a whole entry in my notebook about this moment-- to bring to this blog. It was something about feeling safe and secure in the curve of this tree, where trunk met earth and everything was stable and certain (trust me, it was sooo profound!) And yet, only five days later I feel a whole new sense of wonder. Not for the security of nature, but for its wildness. For the continued growth that comes with each new season, never knowing for sure what to expect, except that change always brings something new, fresh, and different. I pray that this week brings continued changes: cooler Boston days, new surroundings (ie, vacation!!), and deeper belief that happiness is not something that is controlled, but is how we choose to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment