Sunday, July 18, 2010

Simply the City

This is a picture I took from the top deck of a dinner cruise as we headed out into the Boston Harbor. It reminds me that when you are open to it, life is full of unexpected surprises: a last minute invitation to a post-wedding dinner cruise with old friends, the way the temperature of the air changes only a few miles off shore, a good-bye that gives you what was needed, a hollywood movie that does more than just distract you for an afternoon. In a weekend that was was initially filled with uncertainly and self-reflection (maybe for another post, but maybe not), each of these experiences brought many moments joy. Being able to be present to these moments, that is my goal this week. I will try to snap more pictures of these moments in order to share them with you (and remember them for myself). So I enjoy this picture for exactly what it is....a somewhat blurry picture of a city that I call home, which is all I need it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment