Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back from the Mountains

No picture today. I just got back from a trip with people who amaze me at every turn. I have lots of pictures to share, and will soon.

I just wanted to write some of the things I learned this week:

Life is not as complicated as some of us make it out to be.
Wooden roller coasters are worth the woozy stomach afterwards.
A community of family and friends are by far the best medicine, yes even better than medicine- so let them heal you when they want to.
Tennis with a 10 year old makes you look really good, even if you haven't touched a racket in years.
Losing someone you love hurts like hell, period.
Deciding to hike to that next peak really does provide the best view.
After vacation you have to come back to the real world, which is exactly where you belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment