Saturday, August 7, 2010

Curls


I remember a friend of mine writing a short story in college about being sheared. She was studying in New Zealand, constantly surrounded by sheep, and wrote about the feeling of freedom and release that came with cutting her long blond hair up to her chin. If you have had long hair, you might know this feeling. As you grow your hair it becomes a part of you: lightening up as your body darkens with the sun, trapping the smells that you smell, taking your abuse as you put it up and pull it out of its "do". I remember making the decision to cut off my long hair, wanting a drastic change, but feeling anxious about how much of a change that would be. But I went through with it...and, well, that was fourth grade and I have yet to do it again! Sooo maybe being sheared is not my stitch, but an impromptu haircut on a warm summer day that brings back life to my curls...that I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment