Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Straight Dos

I got my hair cut today. I realized that it had been 5 months since my last hair cut (see August 5th). I remember after my last cut I felt so excited that my curls had new life breathed into them. This time after my trim, my stylist (that's right, a stylist) asked if I wanted my hair straightened. I almost always say no, but she convinced me...and I was enjoying the conversation as one art history major to another. I am not one for stylists, make-up...even lotion gives me the creeps, needless to say I am what you would call a "low maintenance" gal (at least in this department), but as I left the salon with a new "do", my christmas coat and places to be, I was reminded that pleasures often come, for me, from the simple parts of life. Completing a task, having goal, meeting a friend unexpectedly for a brisk walk...but today I would have to say my greatest pleasure, albiet a bit sinister, was having numerous friends not recognize me at first. Who knew losing the curls would be such a good disguise. I wonder what contacts, or lipstick would do?!...ohhh of the posibilites for deceit.

No comments:

Post a Comment