Monday, January 3, 2011

642 tries for Discipline


Discipline and routine, neither one of which are my favorite things to do. Call it my impatience, laziness...or how about we say it is that I am excitingly impulsive/to creative to stay on one thing for too long...either way I suck at follow through. Something that has gotten me in trouble one to many times, in one to many ways. So in spite of my distain for resolutions I found a creative outlet for my need for self discipline. I found this book while browsing one of my favorite stores in Harvard Square, Black Ink, where I always seem to leave with something tucked in the bag for myself no matter who I go to shop for. I am hoping with this small act of ritual once a day, drawing 1 out of the 642 prompts, I will begin to learn and like the importance of routine. And if it doesn't work...i get 642 creative experiences trapped in one book. Now don't worry, I am not going to share every pencil lined masterpiece, but I wanted to warn...well I am not sure who reads this, but anyway who stumbles upon this one day and catches a childlike (I never admitted to being being Artsy...just -ish) drawing of New Jersey, a lollipop, shadow, or a whisper. So stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment