Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Back to Basics

 So, it has been a wicked long time since I was in this space.  Well, not quite as long as the distance between these two pictures, but I thought having these two Emilys meet would bring me back to basics.  Mainly, thinking again about this blogging space, what it can be for me and the very small amount of people who find their way here.  A lot has happened since the last post in 2011.  To much really to go back and recap, plus part of what has been learned from this past year is living in the present time and space.  When I was thinking about how to restart this electronic journal I, of course, went to find images.  I found this old button of me as a child...why I had a button made of me in a puffy purple jacket I do not know, and then why I STILL have the button many moons later is even more beyond me.  However, that is not the point.  The point is, well, what is the point?!  I guess in finding this old picture and then putting it next to this one of me a few weeks ago getting ready for my cousins wedding (thanks to Kalee Hankle for the straightening of my hair!!) made me realize a couple of things:1. Little girls never really grow up, we just finally claim the fact that being a woman enables us to act like a little girl on our own terms2. My smile, that seems to be a main feature in people remembering me, started as a small smirk and has grown into something I no longer hide but display with abandonment3. Being a child of the 80s was totally stylish! 



So I guess the point is...I'm back.  Not sure for how long or where this new track will take me, but looking forward to sharing...

No comments:

Post a Comment