Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent 2012, part 1


I realized there was something else I wanted to say tonight.  I just got finished reading over all of my posts from the last couple of years...which was not THAT many since my last one before tonight was January of 2011 and I only started this blog in the summer of 2010!! Anyway, that is neither here nor there.  What I did want to mention (and what I was reminded from a former post) is that we are in advent.  Why is that important?  I am not actually sure yet, but there is something brewing this advent that I want to be aware of and ready for, which is somewhat ironic considering that advent is the time of waiting in the Christian tradition.  (For amazing posts about advent see here, and be sure to click through all the embedded links.)

Ok, totally off track again...back to the importance of advent...I do believe that God, whatever version of Her you put your faith in, honors our desires to seek and to find.  So before I lay down for the night I want to put out into the ether of faith that I am entering boldly into this advent season, preparing myself for whatever crosses the path of this seeker, this adventurer, this active wait-er. I wonder who else out there is searching, I suspect so many of you.  What if we all looked out for one another as we continued our own journeys? Maybe it is not just about what we seek but how that relates to what those we love are seeking.  I wonder if the shepherds and wise men were not as open to their own journeys being disrupted, if they would have found what they were looking for...a small baby, pure love, entering an imperfect world to shake things up in a radical way.  We do not always find what we initially set out to...THANK GOD for that, otherwise why search at all?!

No comments:

Post a Comment